BARNARD COLLEGE PRESENTS
THE EIGHTH ANNUAL GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM
WOMEN CHANGING EUROPE
March 18, 2016
Barnard College and President Debora Spar cordially invite you to attend Women Changing Europe, the eighth annual Barnard College Global Symposium.
We hope you will join us on Friday, March 18 in Paris for the 2016 Global Symposium, when we will bring together a group of remarkable women and men from around the world. These inspirational leaders—who are agents of change in their fields of business, media, the arts, government, and academia—will engage in frank and open discussions about the opportunities and challenges facing women across Europe, and about the ways in which their voices and leadership are making a difference.
The keynote address for this day-long event will be delivered by Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris. Confirmed speakers for the three panel discussions include:
- Frances Corner, Head of College, London College of Fashion
- Réjane Sénac, President of the parity commission of the higher council for equality run by the French Prime Minister’s office
- Philippe d’Ornano, President, Sisley Cosmetics
- Alessia Mosca, Member of European Parliament, Italy
- Philippe Fortunato, CEO, Givenchy Couture
- Kristín Ástgeirsdóttir, Director, The Icelandic Centre for Gender Equality
- Pamela Golbin, Chief Curator of Fashion and Textiles, Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Louvre Palace
- Inés Alberdi Alonso, Professor of Sociology, Universi Complutense de Madrid; former Executive Director, United Nations Fund for Women
- Luciana Nunez, CEO, Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition
- Sucheta Nadkarni, Sinyi Professor of Chinese Management and head of the strategy and international group, University of Cambridge, Judge Business School
The symposium will begin at 10:00 a.m. and conclude shortly after 5:00 p.m., and include lunch and coffee breaks. This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited, so please click here to RSVP at your earliest convenience.
Visit Women Changing Europe for more information about our panelists, the day’s schedule, and to learn more about Barnard College.